Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pandan Chiffon Cake Saga by DH Dubai Natasha






I have fallen out of my blog rhythm. To get moving again I asked a group of DH to guest write in this blog. Many are enthusiastic. First to have materials ready and gotten off ground is Natasha (DH Dubai).

My friend Natasha( DH Dubai) had baked more chiffon cakes than I have eaten them. So I invited Natasha to bring me through her episodes of creating a Pandan Chiffon Cake. Here is what she wrote:









Natasha suggests :






























This does look divine! Thank you Natasha, this is really inspiring.



7 comments:

  1. Wow Blee ... I use to buy them easily in Pasar Malam and whack half off easily and didn´t know it is not easy to make! I will from now on appreciate all the pasar malam aunties and uncles now for them (not that they are the one baking la, but for the profit the make) ... it is amazing how much work goes into it. How much do I add if I am keen on the pandan ones??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a trick to get the whole cake out of mould nicely, i would like to share it, i dunno if you guys know it. learnt it from my MIL. butter the mould and then sprinkle it with tiny pieces of beschuit which you scrape using a sift. they will be really fine (almost like flour or better said, bread crumbs) and stick to the mould b'cos of the butter. can be used for baking any cakes. at first i only used it for baking gwailo butter cakes, but i recently tried it with pandan chiffon cake and it works too. love, MelG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone on behalf of Natasha. Yes they do look simple but what a sensitive cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder the ones in pasar malam are home baked or machine made? And they dont cost so much isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. my guess is machine made la, but still ... 2 ringgit or something for one whole cake that is not so easy to make and see how much is a macaron here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really awesome & I just love the colour of the cake. Keep on baking D H Dubai:)

    ReplyDelete