Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quick and Easy Chicken Wings



Here is a quick and easy chicken wings recipe. This chicken has no story except I was trying to make something similiar to this famous Wong Ah Wah Chicken Wings in Malaysia. My husband thinks it is simply the best chicken wings in the world. I tried asking the restaurant for the recipe when we ate there. No, I didn't get an answer of course! My SIL bought me a bottle of char siu sauce from Malaysia from Lee Kum Kee. I thought I have seen it sold here too. When I put them next to each other I realized they are not quite the same in terms of colour and taste.


























Anyone know why? Mr Lee?








Anyway, this is a quick and easy chicken wings even dummies like me could prepare with the help of Mr. Lee's Char Siu sauce. But my husband still thinks it worth traveling 14 hours on a plane to Malaysia for the Jalan Alor Wong Ah Wah chicken wings. But that don't happen so often. Meanwhile I could enjoy my quick and easy wings anytime!



3 comments:

  1. How nice food sticks in our mind and reminds us of the yumminess:)) Not a KL girl and have not heard of Jalan Alor Wong Ah Wah. Must ask around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last shop on Jalan Alor street in Kuala Lumpur. It is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with your husband on this... They look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete