Monday, April 18, 2011

Silk Tie Dye Eggs




A few years ago when I was still living in the US I saw this at Martha Stewart Show http://marthastewart.com/article/silk-tie-easter-eggs.  But I didn't have any silk ties to use then. Few Easters later and now in Holland I finally collected enough ties to do this. 













This is the most amazing craft I have ever done. Almost like magic and it is edible. I am looking forward to do more. I am going to hunt for more silk ties at  thrift shops, flea markets or braderie on my upcoming trip to France.Happy Easter!


After providing a link to Martha as above I still have dummies friends who ask me to illustrate a "how to" for them. 



6 comments:

  1. Love the designs you achieved!!! I'm boiling my own silk-tie eggs as I read this. I hope mine come out half as good as yours! Thanks for sharing this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Good luck with yours! I am sure they will turn out good ! Love to see them too. The unwrapping is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. My friends can't believe that I printed them with silk ties. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine just told me about this idea yesterday. I thought hers looked great, but these look awesome. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary, I didn't do anything the ties were beautiful.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see many people asking if you can use Ceramic or Glass Eggs. Has anyone tried it? Did it work?

    ReplyDelete